I do not have 10,000 reasons to feel blessed to be a Singaporean. However, I can certainly come up with 10 reasons to be thankful about being a Singaporean. I am sure all of you can too. Here are my ten reasons:
- We are able to practice our faith without fear.
- There is law and order and it is safe to walk the streets even after 10pm.
- We have varied paths in our education system for developing different talents.
- We have jobs in relative abundance.
- We have homes that we own.
- A clean and capable government.
- Peace with neighbouring countries.
- The country is well organized and things run efficiently.
- There is a growing increasingly vocal and active citizenry.
- A good standard of medical care is available.
What are your 10 blessings of being a Singaporean?